Probiotics are live bacteria that are beneficial for the health and well being of your body. They are especially good for your digestive system. When we think of bacteria we think about how they are causing illnesses and about how harmful bacteria can be. But the bacteria found in probiotics are helpful to your body as a whole – more so, your gut. They will help food run through your intestines properly.
Probiotics have even been shown to treat bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, infectious diarrhea, and antibiotic-related diarrhea. Some people have also said that probiotics help skin conditions like eczema, urinary and vaginal health, have prevented allergies, and maintain oral health. Analyzes have also shown that while taking probiotics, there is a noted increase in the effectiveness and functionality of someone’s brain.
With the right amount of these helpful bacterial flora in your system, harmful bacteria will have a harder time to make it inside your body and establish a foothold and then build up to the point of eventually making you sick.
Food Containing Probiotics
Probiotics are naturally found inside you. You will find them in the food and the various supplements that’s in your daily intake. These beneficial and important bacterial flora are predominantly found in foods like :
- Yogurt- This is one of the most familiar sources of probiotics. When buying yogurt, look for the ones saying ” lives and active cultures .”
- Sauerkraut- Eat the unpasteurized sauerkraut only because pasteurization will destroy the active and beneficial bacteria.
- Cheese- This acts as a carrier for probiotics. Feeding cheese can help to boost your immune system .
- Sourdough bread- This is the best bread for you to eat because this bread helps the most with digestion.
- Sour pickles- Eating pickles without the use of vinegar in the pickling process is the best. Instead, look for pickles with a ocean salt and water answer. This type of pickle will help promote the growth of good bacteria and will help with better digestion.
Why Probiotics Keep Us Healthy
As mentioned, it is so important for people to include probiotics in their diets because they has been shown to improve people’s health. They keep us healthy in a lot of ways :
- After taking antibiotics, some of the good bacteria may be lost. Eating foods that contain these helpful microscopic oganisms can be used to help supplant the good bacteria that you lost.
- When taking probiotics, you are reducing the number of “bad” bacteria that can cause infections in your torso.
- They help keep the equilibrium of the good and bad bacteria in your body, which will help your body to work like it is supposed to.
Types of Probiotics
There are several of them, and these include :
- Lactobacillus- This is the most important of them all. You’ll find this type of bacteria in certain food products like yogurt and a few other fermented foods. This kind of probiotic can help with diarrhea and can aid people who have difficulty in digesting lactose.
- Bifidobacterium- This is the type that can be found in most dairy products. This kind will most probably help with any symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.
These microflora found in your gut have been demonstrated to be very beneficial to people’s health. They help to prevent future sickness and help to treat the symptoms of certain illnesses. By considering to incorporate probiotics in your daily diet, you can keep your body running as healthy as is should be.