Good Morning Greenie Recipe
This is an excellent breakfast smoothie that you can use any time throughout the day as well. Spinach and green apples are your green go-to ingredients here, and this basic recipe is going to yield anywhere between 3 and 4 cups. Packed with minerals, vitamins and essential amino acids, this particular smoothie is just as nutritious as it is delicious.
Tweaks: If you are new to making green smoothies, it might be difficult to get used to the taste. This particular smoothie tastes amazing to most people, but you can always add flaxseed, Chia seeds, walnuts or almonds, kale, romaine lettuce and any other vegetables or fruits to experiment for just the right flavor. You also may want to add a little more water or another healthy liquid if you don’t like your smoothies thick.
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves, preferably organic
- 2 green apples, peeled, cored and diced or sliced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup purified or filtered water (replace with your favorite almond milk, coconut milk or coconut water for a healthy flavor boost)
- Add 1/2 cup of your water to your blender, along with your spinach leaves. Blend well.
- Add banana and remaining water, blending well.
- Slowly add green apples, blending until the desired texture is achieved.
Nutrition per 1 cup – 90 calories, 0 g fat, 1 g protein, 10 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 22 g carbohydrates